Monday, July 30, 2012

S'more Cookie Balls Please!

Afriend from work celebrated her birthday on the 16th, and I needed something quick and easy to make as I was limited on time. I decided to scroll through my deserts recipe box on Allrecipes.com for an idea that would suit my needs and be super delicious. The scrumptious spherical cookie delights pictured below were inspired by this Cookie Ball recipe.

Having recently watched a commercial involving S'mores, I was craving the gooey chocolate marshmallow-i-ness only a S'more could provide, so I decided to tweak the Cookie Ball recipe just a bit.

You will need:
1 (15.5 oz) package chocolate sandwich cookies. I use Oreos.
1 package graham crackers.
1/2 bag (5 oz) marshmallows
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
4 T. butter

I started by separating the chocolaty cookies from their sweet frosting insides. I twisted the cookies and used a butter knife to remove any frosting. I had a plastic bowl to put all the frosting in to save for later. 


Next, I crushed the cookies. I used a morter and mixing bowl to crush mine, but it took a bit of time. Next time I am bagging those babies and running them over with a rolling pin. 

Once you have the cookies into a nice fine powder, mix in the package of cream cheese. I tried using a hang mixer for this, but it did not work very well. It is really best to get down and dirty and kneed that baby with your hands.


Once the dough is nice and mixed, put it in the refrigerator to chill for a little bit. I did not think to do this originally, and I regretted it. The dough kept falling apart on me when I went to dip it. Learn from my mistakes; chill your dough!  =)

Once your dough is chilled, melt your butter in a dutch oven over low heat. While the butter is melting, make with the crushing on the graham crackers. Place them in a medium bowl and set aside. 




Once the butter is melted, add your marshmallows to the pot to begin the transformation to gooey sugar awesomeness! Do not forget to stir those delicious


While your marshmallows are working on transforming into the goopy goodness, start rolling your dough into balls. You may want to place your completed spheres on a cookie sheet in the fridge to keep them nice and firm before they get rolled in the hot marshmallow bath.I also reccomend sticking them with a tooth pick for easy handling.


Once your marshmallows are completely melted, take your cookie balls out of the fridge and roll in the melted marshmallow goodness.  It may be easier to spoon the 'mallows over the balls. Once finished with the marshmallow, throw the balls in the the graham cracker and toss to coat. Reinsert toothpick and place on parchment.


You may want to place the cookies in the fridge again after coating, as the marshmallow like to follow the laws of gravity and will puddle at the bottom.


I got great reviews on these sweet little treats and will absolutely make these again. Someone said that these were the best thing that they had eaten in quite some time. Talk about a feel good compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment