Friday, July 20, 2012

Colored Ravioli Surprise

I Like going to Costco. How can you not like a place that sells a bunch of great stuff in bulk? The only downside is that everyone feels the same way I do, so the place is always so crowded.

When I was in Costco last, stocking up on my canned foods and nommy stuffs, I cam across Four Color Five Cheese Ravioli. After a small amount of contemplation, I decided it was necessary for me to have it. As soon as the pasta hit my cart, I was thinking about what to do with it.

1 package Four Color Five Cheese Ravioli
2 cups broccoli
1/2 onion, diced
Can Diced tomatoes
Can tomato sauce
1/2 lb bacon
1 lb ground beef
Packet of Parma Rosa sauce mix.
      -1 1/4 cups milk
      - 1 T. butter



Put a pot of water on to boil for the Ravioli. The package from Costco comes in pairs; you only need one for this recipe.

Dice your onion, and toss it into a large frying pan. Chop your uncooked bacon into smallish pieces and add to the pan with the onions and ground beef.



Cook over medium heat until *almost* fully cooked. Once at this point, add the frozen broccoli in the frying pan with the meat. Cover and continue to cook, letting the steam within the pan help cook the broccoli. Turn the heat down for the frying pan if necessary to keep anything from burning. Stir occasionally.



While the broccoli is cooking, start the Parma Rosa sauce. Whisk the sauce mix with milk in a medium sauce pan and continue cooking per instructions. It says that adding a tablespoon of butter is optional, so I added two.



Once the sauce is thickened, drain the diced tomatoes and add to the Parma Rosa. Add the tomato sauce as well and heat through.



Your water should now be up to a boil. Add the ravioli and let boil three to four minutes.



Once cooked, drain the ravioli, and add with the sauce.



Once the meat and broccoli are done, add to the ravioli.



Mix well, serve, and enjoy! I topped mine with parmesan cheese, as there was not enough cheese to begin with =)

No comments:

Post a Comment