Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peppertizer Fettucine


There is this little produce store not too far from me, and while there one day and I saw this Zergut appetizer red pepper dip. I like me some red peppers, and I like dip, so I figured 'Why not?' and I put it in my basket. 
And then the dip sat in my pantry, waiting to be eaten. Finally, after decorating the self for awhile, I decided it was time to introduce the potential deliciousness to some new friends. 

1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces. 
1/2 lb bacon
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 C. milk
1/4 C. water (use water from boiling the pasta)



Prep work:
Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
Chop up the onion
De-seed the green pepper and chop into medium sized pieces.

While the water is getting up to boiling, fry up the bacon in a good sized pan until it is beautiful and crispy (but not burnt). Keep in mind that the bacon will loose some of its crispiness once added to the sauce.


Bacon is the deliciousness. I don't eat it as much as I should. I think I'll change that.

Anyway, moving on.

Once the bacon is cooked up, place it on a paper-towel lined plate out of the way. The paper towel should help soak up some of the grease.

If your water is up to boiling, add your pasta to the water and cook it all nice and tasty-like.

In the same pan you cooked the bacon, throw in your chicken and onions. You may also want to season your chicken at this point. I used a pit of ground pepper and seasoning salt. I recommend going easy on the salt if you choose to use any as the bacon grease you are frying the chicken in should supply a nice salty flavor.

In a medium pot, add the milk, water, and about half the jar of the Zergut Peppertizer: Roasted Pepper Appetizer. The jar I had was 19 oz, I used about 10. If at this point the sauce seems to thick, add extra milk. Adding milk will make it the sauce more creamy, so if it gets too creamy for you add water instead. Make sure you add the additions a little at a time; you can always add more, but you cannot take it back out. Well, you can try... but it never ends well for me...


Once you get your sauce up to a nice simmer, add your chopped bell peppers and let those babies soften up. Once your bell peppers are cooked to your liking, add your cooked fettuccine.


Chop up your bacon into nice little bits.


Pour your sauce into the pan with the cooked chicken. Stir until everything is evenly mixed. Top with the bacon-y amazingness, and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment